Monday 12 January 2015

Its the 12th of January....

I left work on Christmas Eve, quietly I think, but I was touched by the generosity of my work mates and friends there. Thank you. I moved out of my flat on the 8th of January and began life in a van.

The last 2 weeks have been exciting, scary and nerve wracking, all the arrangements (I constantly feel like I've forgotten to do something, or to tell someone), the packing, the goodbyes.... Except the goodbyes have been repeated several times now. Its funny, the Glasgow Climbing wall can't get rid of me....!

The Scottish weather, mother nature at her worst has sent deep lows, one after the other across the Atlantic on a super fast Jet Stream bringing us storm force winds, heavy showers, snow and everything else you could imagine!!!!

Driving the motorhome in this is difficult and at time just dangerous in really strong cross winds and my plan to cross the Bay of Biscay directly to Spain would be crazy in this weather. So down England and through France perhaps...? The weather is affecting the whole of the UK, and over the weekend looks set to move south as the jet stream hits France through into next week, so no... How about East coast ferries across the North Sea? Hahaha... So I'm being frustrated by the weather. My desire to get to the nice settled weather in southern Spain has to balanced with caution and common sense for a little while.

Thanks to Sarah and Derek and their trip to Austria, I have been house sitting for them, looking after Moley and Tootsie, mopping up the latters copious voms....poor old thing.

Now, thanks to the wonderful generosity of Fearghas and Zoe, I'm parked on their drive writing this, riding out the current storm, making plans and keeping warm. Its not rocking too much with a nice big house to shelter beside :)

So.... I have decided to fly to Greece and spend some time with Themi and let this weather calm down. That's assuming mother nature lets the flight go ok. The forecast is utter shite!!!

Thanks again to Fearghas for offering his drive so I can leave my home here without worrying too much about it. Thanks also to all those that have offered a refuge and a place to park. Its nice to know there are so many good people out there still.

And, I know you probably won't appreciate this baby, but thanks to you too for all the support and encouragement and love. You continue to amaze me gamoto :) xx

 The family gathered for my birthday / bon voyage party.
Dunnotter Castle. So cold!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment