Wednesday 28 January 2015

Take Two!

It feels right.
This time, it begins, properly!

The van has a years MOT now and a new timing belt and I feel able to thrash it with gay abandon now! Not that thrashing a motorhome seems to make any difference!

Its amazing how my state of mind has changed. I now feel much more positive and 'ready' than I was before my trip to Kalymnos. Maybe I just needed to soak up Themi's positivity, or maybe I was just feeling a little nervous. Whatever. The weather gave me an incredibly good excuse, perfectly valid I have to say, and an easy decision in the end. Its time to wing it, to let life show the way and see where the journey takes me.

This time things seem to have clicked into place like a jigsaw puzzle. The gas bottle folks in Yorkshire have said I can stay tomorrow night in their compound, so I'll drive over to Thirsk after I've been to Keswick to spend my wonderful NATS leaving present in Needle Sports. Then Alpha Batteries in Rochdale have 2 new 110 amp lumps waiting for me. After that, maybe a visit to J and J in Brecon if there's time, and once I've been to Sunstore in Worthing for a sexy solar panel, my van armoury will be complete.

After the storms in the UK all of the ferries to Spain have backed up so it appears after much checking and phone calls to experts, the earliest I could get across the Bay was the 11th of Feb. No way! Now I have the bit between my teeth, look out France, here I come.

So from Worthing, its only a tiny drive to Newhaven and a cheap ferry to Dieppe. Ok, so its 2 or 3 days of driving instead of a relaxing mega sleep on a 24 hour ferry (or much nausea, not sure which), but the Euro is down.... Fuel prices are down, AND I can use the phone as normal with 3 all through France.
Its not all bad :) The added bonus of Lloyd, and Dave in Toulouse makes France begin to look like a good call.

Still, there's Steve, Gerd, and maybe Armando and perhaps Ritchie to meet up with in Spain, not to mention those I haven't met yet, new friends and climbers, all there for the same reason, and the sun is shining by all accounts.

Right now.... I'm sat once again in Glasgow, watching the snow slowly accumulate on Fearghas and Zoes driveway... Debating whether to join them at the wall or write a bit and tidy up the van. All in all, maybe another rest day is called for as at the moment, the aching elbow is there, and the 'now not so sore' leg is steadily improving.

Here's to the journey.

Heading South.

 Happy smiley snowy 'sparky' :)

 The view from climbing sector Kastri, on Kalymnos.

The gorgeous one is Themi, the other one is me! Wearing my best 'silly selfie' face....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment